Sunday, September 28, 2008

Are You Really Ready To Lose Weight?

85%% of people who lose weight will gain their weight back resulting in the so called "Yo-Yo" Syndrome. This weight gain-loss-gain cycle results in increased health risks.

A top name athletic closing company has just changed their sizing to accommodate the increasing size of Americans. A former size medium is now labeled a small.

Restaurants feed you high fat, low nutritious foods that taste good to please your palate to keep you coming back.

Restaurants suggest alcohol prior to your meal to decrease your defense mechanism and lower your resistance to eating healthy.

The question you need to ask is, are you ready to lose weight? Your attitude about weight loss affects your ability to succeed. There many things that will go through your mind when contemplating a weight loss decision. Here is short Weight Loss Management quiz to take to determine if you will be really able to successfully lose weight.

* I have thought a lot about my eating habits and physical activities to pinpoint what I need to change.

* I have accepted the idea that I need to make permanent, not temporary, changes in my eating and activities to be successful.

* I will only feel successful if I lose a lot of weight.

* I accept the idea that it is best that I lose weight over a period of time.

* I am thinking about losing weight now because I truly want to, not because someone told me I should.

* I think losing weight will solve other problems in my life.

* I am willing and able to increase my physical activity.

* I can lose weight successfully if I have no "slip-ups".

* I am ready to commit some time and effort each week to organizing and planning my meals and physical activity.

* Once I lose some initial weight, I usually lose the motivation to keep going until I reach my goal.

* I want to start a weight loss program, even though my life is usually stressful right now.

Score each item as you answer them. A score of "1" if the answer is true and "0" if the answer is "false".

To get the total, add the scores of all the questions. No one score indicates for sure whether you are ready or not to lose weight. The higher the total score, the more characteristics you have that will contribute to success.

And don't forget to be honest while taking the quiz that reflects the way you really are, and not how you would like to be.
For Bollywood Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments: